KIDS BOLLYWOOD STAR CONTEST
We are looking for bright, confident and talented kids to participate in this year's Kids Bollywood Star Contest!
This event will be organized by Bollywood Shake in Houston, TX.
This is an incredible and unique opportunity for your child to showcase their talent and personalities and be a star on stage! Kids will also build their confidence and stage presence through the training and rehearsals provided!!
APRIL 8TH, 2018 in HOUSTON, tEXAS
KIDS BOLLYWOOD STAR CONTEST FORMAT
The Kids Bollywood Star Contest will consist of 2 Rounds and a Talent round.
ROUND 1 Introduction Round: All contestants will be introduced in this round. This is your opportunity to catch the attention of the audience and judges! Dress code for this round is Ethnic (South Asian) attire.
TALENT ROUND (for ages 5+): Contestants will get an opportunity to perform an act (no more than 2 minutes) to demonstrate their talent. You could sing, dance, do mimicry, give a speech or impersonate your favorite Bollywood star! Make it fun and creative to wow the judges! This round is MANDATORY for ages 5+ ONLY.
ROUND 2 Formal Round: All contestants will appear in formal American attire of their choice.
* For contestants 4 years and under who need assistance, one parent will be allowed to walk on stage with them.
* Contestants will be responsible for providing their own clothing for all the rounds of the competition.
* Contestants will be responsible for their own hair and makeup. We encourage very little to no makeup for kids as kids look best natural.
* All rehearsals will take place over the final contest weekend and are mandatory for all contestants.
* Contestants will be taught simple choreographed routines for the different rounds on Saturday, April 7th from 10am-Noon. All contestants MUST attend the rehearsals.
* All contestants will be required to bring in 6 copies of a one-page bio with picture on April 7th. This is mandatory and will be used for judging and announcements.
* Detailed schedule for rehearsals will be shared with the contestants.
* NO Talent Round for kids 4 years and under. Talent Round is MANDATORY for kids 5+ years. Kids can perform any talent like singing, dancing, speech, mimicry, instrument, painting etc. All talent round details including final music (if applicable) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN Mar 15, 2018.
For queries email email@example.com or call 281.310.0742.
KIDS BOLLYWOOD STAR CONTEST - registration
All contestants MUST REGISTER their entry first.
AFTER completing the online registration form, please send a short bio and 2 pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. One full length picture and one close-up picture. These pictures will be shown to judges and displayed on the screen, so please send professional or semi-professional pictures.
Bio should include the following - 1) Full Name 2) Current School & Grade (if applicable) 3) Hobbies or what they like to do (for younger kids) 4) What you aspire to do in life (for older kids) 5) Child's favorite personality (could be fictional)
There will be NO AUDITIONS this year for the Kids Bollywood Star Contest. All kids who register will get a chance to participate. LIMITED SPOTS will be filled on a first-come-first-served.
Rehearsal will be held on April 7th, 2018 from 10am-Noonand is mandatory for all contestants. Contestants are requested to please arrive on time for rehearsals. Detailed rehearsal schedule will be emailed few weeks before the event.
Kids Bollywood Star Contest Registration Fee: $79/participant
Early Discount: $65/participant (valid till Jan 31, 2018)
Kids - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Processing/Administration Fee: $15/participant (only for first-time entries)
Date - Final Show April 8th, 2018 (Rehearsal April 7th)
Location - Old Stafford Civic Center, 1415 Constitution Ave, StaffordTX
Registration fee includes rehearsals and final show. All kids will receive a participation gift .
Weekend schedule and other details will be sent to all contestants after registration.
All contestants will be required to bring 6 copies of a one-page bio with picture and submit during contest weekend registration process. Details and bio format will be provided.
Contestants will be responsible for providing their own clothing for all the rounds of the competition. Detail contest rules and requirements will be provided after registration.
Registration Deadline - MAR 1, 2018 (or till spots available)
Limited spots available, so register soon to avoid disappointment.